I am an NQT currently on supply. Although I am seeking a long term post I have not yet got one. My partner and I are planning on going on holiday this year with another couple as we have never been on a proper holiday. But I am fed up of the uncertainty that my position brings and I don't know what to do. I don't want to book anything during term time INCASE I get a job which means I would then have to cancel it and lose out. Holidays during half term are expensive and full of children so we may not be able to afford it. The other people are not teachers and so need to book the time off work well in advance so last minute deals are out the window. What do you do about things like this? I don't want to hold out and not book anything just in case because when the time comes around and I still have not got a job I will be so angry. But then if I go ahead and book it you know what will happen, I will find a job and not be able to go away. Just to confirm a school does not have to honour any booked holidays/commitments when you apply/accept a job do they? What would you do, how do you cope with the uncertainty this job brings?