1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Too old at 48 to have a crush?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jumad, Feb 14, 2012.

1. jumad

jumad New commenter

Madly in lust with Welsh rugby player Mike Phillips - I'm married with 3 grown up kids - surely this is wrong?!

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

You're never too old for a crush. My 80+ year old mother had quite a thing for David Beckham when he played for Man U

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Too old at 48 to have a crush?
    The question should be: Too young at 48 to have senile dementia?
    Pull yourself together, woman!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.comwww.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

5. jumad

jumad New commenter

Suppose it proves the brain's still relatively intact

6. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

If it's Mike Phillips - not at all. [​IMG]

7. jumad

jumad New commenter

He is just soooooo beautiful - yum![​IMG]

8. Ooooh I say, he's rather dishy.
    (I'm 47)

9. jumad

jumad New commenter

[​IMG]

Those brooding looks.......................

10. I wouldn't worry about it - I've had crushes all my life (starting with Pete Duel). I put it down to suppressed creativity.....

or suppressed something, anyway.

11. ian60

ian60 New commenter

I remember admitting to my big sis that I thought Dame Margot Fonteyn looked remarkably fit and well for her age.
    She then let all of my mates know that I fancied a million year old woman.
    I DIDN'T!
    (This was around 1975, MF did look well didn't she?)

12. jumad

jumad New commenter

Horses for courses............................

13. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

If you had seen the state of me when Gavin Henson was on Strictly, you'd know I have no problem with this!

14. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Never too old for a crush!

Mike Phillips is quite yummy, although I'm more of a Jamie Roberts girl myself [​IMG]

15. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

Brian Cox - I like someone with a brain and his lips are to die for......

16. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Never too old for a crush. It puts roses in your cheeks.

Eww but no, not my cup of tea.

17. Check out the thread entitled weird crush if you are worried. There are plenty out there with very strange crushes, yours will seem very sensible by comparison...

18. Nope not too old. I'm 38 and REALLY have a thing for the English actor Tom Hardy. *swoons*

[​IMG]

19. Yes, she danced beautifully well into her 60s and beyond and was quite stunning. They do say that she was in love with Rudi Nureyev and that his youth and vigour kept her young. A new lease of life! She defied convention in ballerina terms agewise and still looked lithe upon her pointes.
    Much preferred Nureyev myself - handsome dark and chisselled. Those Russian cheekbones.

20. I'm retired and a man, and I get crushes all the time. Two recent ones have been Anne Hathaway and Lauren Laverne. It keeps me feeling young