1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Too much information,too much choice= more stress?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by catmother, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Thanks to the perverse supermarkets, you DO have to look at the small print.
    I've seen a small punnet of plums from Calfornia for £1.99 for 4 in the supermarket, when alongside the road at the orchard gates, you can get about ten times as many much more delicious ones for about £3.
    Supermarkets go for a steady supply first and worry about quality as a very poor runner up.

2. You are missing my point - you KNOW when fruit and veg is in season - in the UK. You don't need to read the small print to know that plums are available in Autumn and not in March.
    So anything you get out of season is from abroad - and then you cannot moan about missing things that you used to eat in season.
    I still eat things in season - it saves a packet on your budget too.

3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

You are missing mine.
    Even when things are in season the supermarkets may have an inferior shipped in version. My plum example was from August - peak plum time. The supermarket still had crappy hard plums bred to survive the journey across the world.