1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Too much ICT in my teaching!

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by mountnebo, Apr 7, 2011.

1. I have recently had a routine lesson observation from my Deputy Head. The weird thing is I was asked not to use the IWB during my lesson as it was throught I used IT once to often during my day to day teaching. There was no real theme or objective to the observation other than it was my turn and until now I have not had any vibe that I used IT to much, after all, I am the ICT subject leader. Does anyone know if school managers can stipulate such criteria? The lesson went fine without the IT and said Deputy was very happy....!

2. I'm very surprised by this. In our school, the lesson observation criteria states that we have to use a range of resources, including IT, in order to achieve a 'Good'. I realize that in some lessons, IT may not always be the most appropriate resource, but am still surprised that you were specifically asked not to use the IWB. It would be very odd if, as IT subject leader, you failed to use any IT in your lessons!

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

sounds very insecure to me, in the end there is no 'too much' IT, or too little by analogy, as long as the lesson objectives are delivered well with appropriate tools.