1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Too late??

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Shedend33, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi guys
    After a bit of an emphipany I decided I wanted a career change and applied for a PGCE place in Secondary Geography at Swans, Aber, UWE and Exeter. I sent the reference requese three days ago and am on pins to get this back and get the application off. Realistically I think I've left it too late this year. I graduated in 2008 and have been working in education as a TA, Cover supervisor and more recently in the office....feel that my subject knowledge isn't what it used to be.........any one else in the same boat?

2. Hi guys
    After a bit of an emphipany I decided I wanted a career change and applied for a PGCE place in Secondary Geography at Swans, Aber, UWE and Exeter. I sent the reference requese three days ago and am on pins to get this back and get the application off. Realistically I think I've left it too late this year. I graduated in 2008 and have been working in education as a TA, Cover supervisor and more recently in the office....feel that my subject knowledge isn't what it used to be.........any one else in the same boat?

3. I was. I'd been working in non-teaching or indeed subject related jobs for 8 years before my epiphany. Fortunately for me, the college I applied to do my PGCE at did an enhancement course in my subject so I did that last year and started my PGCE in September. If you do miss the cut off for September entry, maybe you could do a top up course somewhere till next year?

4. Hi, I wouldn't worry. I didn't apply until April last year and was accepted in July.
    Good luck!

Jaime

5. It depends entirely on the unviersity and subject, I think. At my university, my subject was filled up by the middle of January! Yet other subjects were still filling in June.