1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Too late for advice?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by VelvetChalk, May 28, 2012.

1. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

I worked at a lovely school last summer for the whole term on supply, the DH knew my predicament of not doing very good application forms and offered me help if I was applying to positions in the future. I thanked her for her offer but I wasnt applying anywhere so nothing happened. I have seen her on and off as I supply at the school the whole of this year. I have sent 5 applications off and only had one interview in the recent month. I am at her school tomorrow and the school know I had my first interview last week.

Is it ok to mention it again and ask for her advice when I speak to her? 'I am applying again but still not getting much luck, can I take you up on your offer as you mentioned it last year' sorta thing? We got on but weren't particularly close. I am also worried the HT will think I am shunning her advice, but it is the DH that offered.

Im worried about looking stupid as she offered to last year.

Advice?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, she can only say 'No'. Bear in mind, this is a busy time of year, so she might not be able to look straight away though.

3. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

I guess theres no harm in asking, Its been a while since Ive seen them all at the school!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Which is the perfect reason for not having asked sooner!
    S/he would be delighted to be asked - most people LIKE helping others.
    Best wishes