1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"too few trainees end up in schools".... but where are the jobs!?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by sparklyrainbowfish, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Hi all
    Just read this article, saying not enough trainees who qualified last year ended up in schools
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14461935

But nowhere do they mention the lack of jobs in certain parts of the country! You only need to glance at sites like this to know that some NQTs really want a teaching job but are struggling to find a post. 100+ applications per post is becoming the norm!
    (And there is no way I can see to comment on the article I just read.)
    I would be interested to know if the study they report on tried to find out how many NQTs were seeking employment as well as those that actually ended up in a post.
    GRRR. Again the media reports half of the story.
    Sparkly

2. Hi all
    Just read this article, saying not enough trainees who qualified last year ended up in schools
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-14461935

But nowhere do they mention the lack of jobs in certain parts of the country! You only need to glance at sites like this to know that some NQTs really want a teaching job but are struggling to find a post. 100+ applications per post is becoming the norm!
    (And there is no way I can see to comment on the article I just read.)
    I would be interested to know if the study they report on tried to find out how many NQTs were seeking employment as well as those that actually ended up in a post.
    GRRR. Again the media reports half of the story.
    Sparkly

3. My thoughts exactly. Have you posted the link in the Unemployed Teachers forum?

4. I have now, thanks!