1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tonsillectomy

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by hats_hats, Jul 27, 2011.

1. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced an adult tonsillectomy?
    I had mine removed a week ago today and am getting really fed up! I caught an infection which set my recovery back a few days and made me feel really grotty. I started to feel more human yesterday (day 6) but today I feel like I've gone downhill a bit :(.
    I have earache, toothache and my throat hurts all down the right side. I know this is normal pain but I'm getting so tired of it! My throat is dry and I can feel sharp pains where the scabs are coming off, it doesn't matter how much I drink nothing counteracts the feeling of dryness. It is just weird that it's only the one side.
    Sorry if I've grossed anyone out. I'm just getting cabin fever - I'm not allowed anywhere and I desperately want to go to my classroom (I'm an NQT starting in Reception) and sort it out, see what resources I have and stuff. I know it will be better in the long run as I won't get tonsillitis all the time. Eurgh!

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

If it's only a week ago it's really early days. be kind to yourself, take the painkillers and rest.

3. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I had mine removed when I was 18. Make sure you keep on top of any meds you've been given and rest. It will take a lot longer to recover if you're trying to do lots of stuff. I was back to normal in about 2 weeks