1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tomorrow I am mostly having for breakfast.....

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by disguise, May 4, 2012.

1. These!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsNBBL9yM-I

2. These!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsNBBL9yM-I

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Think I'll make some more manakoosh za'atar, I just adore them.

4. What the heck n peck (as my sister says) are they?!

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Za'atar is a mix of thyme leaves, sumac and sesame seeds. You make a bread dough with olive oil in it, roll out into circles, brush with more olive oil, sprinkle with za'atar and baked.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Za'atar manakeesh

6. Ah thanks!

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

Two cups of tea followed by a nice smal cup of Vietnamese coffee.
    Food will come later.

8. Oh yes I forgot the cuppa. I saw her make those muffins weeks ago and suddenly this evening they sprung into my head and now I feel compelled to try them. But I don't have a muffin tin so I hope ramekins will do.

9. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

I'm having achoori and buttered toast with freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. I love weekend breakfast.

10. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

We had bacon butties. Yum.

11. primarycat

primarycat Established commenter

I'm jealous - Saturday breakfast is always the worst of the week here as down to stale toast and dregs of milk in coffee before we go shopping again. Not disgusting but never something to look forward to.

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Let us know how your muffins are disguise. I am planning to try those.
    This morning I have had crumpets with butter and a slice of leftover takeaway pizza. Our criteria for an acceptable pizza includes that it tastes nice cold next morning. It was lovely!

13. I made those a couple of weeks ago - easy and delicious.
    How did it go, disguise?

14. Oh my goodness, I died and went to heaven they were amazing! The only downside was that I slightly overcooked the yolk in one and because I used ramekins not a muffin tray, I couldn't turn them out so I ate them out the ramekins... *leaves to buy a muffin tray*

15. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

We had shakshouka with flatbreads. It was like heaven...

16. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

One of our favourite breakfasts is a Mexican (I am assured) breakfast staple that I make an inauthentic but still delicious version of.
    You make a thick, spicy sauce with onions, garlic, chilli, tinned tomatoes (one tin is enough for 2 portions), a little brown sugar and a good few sposhes of Lea and Perrins. Cook til thick, dark and pulpy. If you want to be authentic, fry the onions etc. in lard rather than oil, but it doesn't matter, and oil will make it a veggie meal. Make it as hot as you like it.
    Then, warm up a soft tortilla per person, either corn or wheat (I prefer corn), top with a good dollop of sauce, a little chopped tarragon or coriander, a handful of mature grated cheese and finally an egg that has been fried in plenty of decent olive oil, fried quickly so the edges crisp up. A dusting of hot paprika, salt and pepper. Give me this and a cup of strong coffee and the Sunday papers and I'm in heaven.
    I can't urge you all enough to try this.

17. wiemaranerlover

wiemaranerlover New commenter

Where do you get your corn tortillas Nick? I can't find them anywhere...

18. OOh that sounds too spicy and dinner-ish for me.

19. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

There are some seriously adventurous breakfasters here. I cant do savoury tastes as my first meal of the day so nearly always have porridge with some kind of fruit. Boring but I know it will reliably stop me getting blood sugar issues until lunchtime. In a world where i could have toast for breakfast and not get fat I just love good granary with my home made whisky marmalade and proper butter.

20. We have eggy brekkies at weekends - helpskeep the gg numbers down.
    Saturdays is boiled with soldiers, Sunday scrambled on toast with bacon.
    Rest of the week is porridge or muesli.