1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Tommorrow's Heads Intake 2011

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by anon168, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Has anyone got onto the course for the next academic year? I have good experience in the finance industry and 2 years teaching experience. I know I have the drive, passion and commitment, however I found those online tests quite difficult!!!! What was other peoples experience?
    What are the assessment half days like?
    Cheers
    Guy

2. Has anyone got onto the course for the next academic year? I have good experience in the finance industry and 2 years teaching experience. I know I have the drive, passion and commitment, however I found those online tests quite difficult!!!! What was other peoples experience?
    What are the assessment half days like?
    Cheers
    Guy

3. I'm going through the Future Leaders process at the moment, which is more or less identical - FL and TH applicants do the same assessment centres, for example.
    I'm waiting to hear the result from my stage 2 FL Assessment centre - result next Tuesday! Gah! - and as someone who passed the first stage already, I can say with confidence that you're supposed to find the online tests hard. The logic/pattern-recognition test was the hardest for me, although I think I acquitted myself OK. The numeracy and verbal reasoning were fine, but still not easy.
    The assessment half days are pretty standard fare if you've ever done anything similar: a mix of (long!) interviews, roleplays and group tasks. I can't give details, because everyone has to agree to keep them confidential, but broadly speaking they're not something you can prepare for in any case. They're thorough, and they *will* test you on the core competencies. If you're their kind of person, you'll be able to show it. If you're not, you won't. Prior knowledge of the exercises wouldn't have helped me.
    Good luck!

4. Argh, I'm expecting the result from my Assessment Centre today. Gah. Trying not to think about it, but can't stop myself. I'm preparing myself for rejection, but it'll still be really upsetting if/when it comes.
    In answer to your question - if you're a serving teacher who knows their way around a classroom and a school, you'll be fine.

5. OK, many thanks
    Best of luck for your results

6. Thanks. [​IMG]
    God, I can't concentrate on anything today. Constant butterflies. Eurgh.
    Still, one way or another, the waiting will be over tomorrow.

7. Ah well. My advice is clearly worth ball-all. Didn't get it.

Onward and upward. Best of luck to everyone else.