1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Told Head got interview and ....

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ff392, May 24, 2011.

1. she basically said if I dont get the job then I might as well hand in my notice as she thinks I'll feel trapped and the school will feel stuck with me ! Charmed. No pressure for Thu then ...

2. she basically said if I dont get the job then I might as well hand in my notice as she thinks I'll feel trapped and the school will feel stuck with me ! Charmed. No pressure for Thu then ...

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I'm speechless! .......
    Good luck on Thursday [​IMG]

4. bumblingbee

bumblingbee New commenter

Ignore her. Just relax and enjoy the interview. Move when you find the right job.
    Good luck for Thursday.

5. Sounds like she needs a chill pill. Good luck on Thurs!

6. I am not sure if it helps but when I told my last head that I had been selected for interview she laughed and said she thought I was good at least to make up numbers!!!
    When I got offered the job and told my head she stormed out of the room and left me there alone! 2 years on and I love it. Enjoy the interview, if it's right you'll get the job. Good luck!

7. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

ff392 - if that is your head's idea of leadership, I think you are absolutely right to be applying for jobs elsewhere.

8. Sadly no......................................

But went into school and wiped the smug look on her face - and just handed in my notice!!!!

And then walked out again instead of going to the staff meeting!!

Now to serious job hunting!!!

9. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Sorry you weren't successful - but enjoy the freedom of the moment. [​IMG]
    Good luck with the job hunting - at least you are free to apply without worrying about the 31st May deadline.

10. clangercrazy

clangercrazy New commenter

Aw sorry you didn't get the job- but well done you on being so brave! I've been umming and ah-ing over whether to hand in my notice when have no job to go to yet (as been unsuccessful at getting interviews so far....) Head has given me 7 day extension, said I can tell him first Monday back after half term. Your bravery has made me feel braver, and helped me to make up my mind for def!
    Thank you!