1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TOK 2020

Discussion in 'International Baccalaureate' started by IdeasRoadshow, May 13, 2019.

1. IdeasRoadshow

IdeasRoadshow New commenter

Hi all, I'd like to know what TOK teachers are most concerned and/or pleased about with regards to the TOK 2020 course. Who'd be interested in sharing their concerns/thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. ToK-tastic

ToK-tastic New commenter

I'm generally all round happy with the new ToK course, I'm particularly pleased that:
    • Knowledge & The Knower makes a welcome return - this helps to develop a more idiographic approach to ToK.
    • Optional Themes give us RLS from which to 'hang' ToK, it's nearly giving us content !
    • Prescribed KQs takes away endless of hours of learning how to devise KQs rather than focussing on the unpacking of KQs.
    • AoK Ethics is now integral to each of the AoKs.
    • AoK RKS moves to Themes, making it easier for students to make the distinction between Religion and Religious Knowledge.
    Questions:
    The end of the dreaded Presentation (&TKPPD), to be replaced by an Exhibition. I assume that Examiners will read a sample of the student's Exhibition write ups, & look at their exhibition photos. I wonder whether this will be any more reliable than the Presentation-TKPPD process ? I assume that the new Assessment Instrument will be clearer than the current, this backed with good TSM will certainly lead to a more reliable process. Without a good Assessment Instrument & strong TSMs I'm uncertain whether we'll see a better process.

3. MyOrchid

MyOrchid New commenter

Thanks for the info, ToK-tastic. It continues to boggle my mind that students have to create and present a Presentation and then are assessed based on the TKPPD! I agree that the assessment needs tightening up. I haven't seen any detailed info on the Exhibition yet, I wonder if you have a link to further details that you could share?

Thanks,
    Orchid