1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Toilet roll holders

Discussion in 'Personal' started by doomzebra, Jun 30, 2012.

1. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Loo roll on top of the cistern, problem solved (and one less thing to worry about on the inventory)

2. No offence, but you are obviously not the man I thought you were. Clearly never been ******, reached around to find toilet roll and fallen right off. Lightweight.

3. doomzebra

Used the loo-roll holder for support due to boozed-induced gravity surge, pulled it off the wall along with square yard of tiling, deep laceration to calf (serves me right for bringing livestock into the cubicle), never again.

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Go for the full monty combo affair.

5. I do apologise, I thought the impression you gave couldn't be right at all!

6. I am a great believer in buying things when you see them, even if you don;t need them yet. As a consequence, at least 10 years ago I bought a loo roll holder which attaches to the wall with a sucker thing. Of course, it has never been used and is still in the box. It has a matching towel holder `I think. Shall I forward it, Doom?
    Daisy, thank you.

7. Just provide a simple free standing toilet roll holder - I just bought one today from Tesco for less then £2. It is a chrome stand with a single pole and holds two rolls, one in use, one spare. The thought of a dirty toilet brush in my bathroom makes me heave!! I used a Toilet Duck produce with throwaway paper pads to clean my toilet, will not have a regular brush in the house!!!

8. doomzebra

Fortunately, because of my proctoheliosis. the sun shines out of my backside. This means that coronal mass ejections burn off the more obviously noxious stains, and the UV radiation destroys the bacteria. Sorted.

9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Is that like a burning ring of fire?

10. huh?
    Are you supposed to supply a loo roll holder as the landlady?

11. Well yes, I would expect to. It is a brand new house so there is nothing at the moment.

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I am a bit perplexed as to the desire to have free-standing items . . . . . is this more hygienic or a fashion thing or what?
    Why not loo-roll holder attached to wall and separate loo brush, placed below?

13. Maybe it is me being too German, gorgy - we only get 4 bare walls and a floor here! ;o)
    I wouldn't want anything - I like to use my own stuff and decide on my interior decoration myself.

14. Easier and cheaper to get a freestanding one. Otherwise I would have to get a loo roll holder and then get someone to put it up.

15. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Electric drill, 2 x rawl plugs and the other fittings come with it (the holder). Piece of ****. Honestly, I'm blonde and I can do this [​IMG]

16. hihi.
    It really isn't difficult, that is true.
    I would still want to choose myself, mind.

17. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

[​IMG]
    Sorry. Couldn't resist.

18. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Gorgy, if you don't supply a loo brush, they will not clean the toilet. No loo roll holder and they'll drill into your tiles and damage them to fit one.
    Sucker loo roll holders are great and easy to fit. After about three months they drop off and have to be re-fitted. It's great fun if it falls off when a visitor is using it as it makes them jump and causes them much embarrassment!
    Loo rolls on a pole at the side of the loo? Ugh! Stray wee all over them from the men with bad aims.
    Giraffe, I knew you were a woman of good taste. I love your loo roll holder.

19. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Just as well you made that last statement as I was thinking that Gorgy is the reincarnation of the long departed citrus cardie-wearing poster, whose posts of this ilk were many, and always amusing . [​IMG]
    I've got a very nice one, but you may not want to splash out this amount for a rental property. I recommend it for your own, personal use, however.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/21714/Loo-Roll-Stand-and-Store

20. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Mercifully we don't have any of them living here. Two daughters and one careful husband mean that the rolls in the stand-alone toilet roll holder remain pristine until needed.