1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Toddler eczema

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Jen1983, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I have tried various suncreams on my son but they all irritate his usually dormant eczema. Over the past week the eczema on his arms and legs has flared up terribly. Has anyone got any recommendations for a high SPF suncream? Of course, there'll be no sun over the holidays, but it will be worth nothing for the summer.

2. I have tried various suncreams on my son but they all irritate his usually dormant eczema. Over the past week the eczema on his arms and legs has flared up terribly. Has anyone got any recommendations for a high SPF suncream? Of course, there'll be no sun over the holidays, but it will be worth nothing for the summer.

3. My 6 and 2 yr olds can use amber Solaire and strangely the asda cheap and cheerful stuff which I bought last summer in an emergency and was amazed no reaction!! Think you can still get small pouches to try it out first. I try to avoid creams with parabens as they seem to make things worse. If all else fails a friend of mine ships aveeno sun cream from the states or gets friends and relatives to bring it back from overseas. It's the same range as the aveeno eczema friendly creams you can get on prescription for eczema from the gp just don't think you can get over here.

4. Hi Jen
    here in Australia there is a suncream called Wotnot specifically made for sensitive skin and eczema. The SPF is 30 +.
    You can find it on http://www.theallergyshop.com.au/products/Wotnot-Sunscreen-%252d-For-Sensitive-Skin.html
    Regards
    Christian