1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

todays AQA additional Biology exam.

Discussion in 'Science' started by sep2, May 21, 2010.

1. sep2

sep2 New commenter

Hello.

Not been given a copy of the paper so I won't see it 'til Monday now. Had a few students saying it was quite difficult (including one in tears bless). They said the higher paper was really hard and some of the questions were really different compared to the past papers. I think question 2 was something todo with energy losses but they said it was an odd layout of the question and I most of the higher and foundation students said they really struggled with it.

A couple said it was quite easy so I will wait and see Monday. What did everyone else think?

2. sep2

sep2 New commenter

Hello.

Not been given a copy of the paper so I won't see it 'til Monday now. Had a few students saying it was quite difficult (including one in tears bless). They said the higher paper was really hard and some of the questions were really different compared to the past papers. I think question 2 was something todo with energy losses but they said it was an odd layout of the question and I most of the higher and foundation students said they really struggled with it.

A couple said it was quite easy so I will wait and see Monday. What did everyone else think?

3. Ours just did it too - to be honest I thought the higher tier was fine and the foundation was incredibly easy.
    There was a question on energy losses in animals but it used a sankey diagram layout - not something I've seen done often, but they do like to force students to read the diagrams and such. No big issue I thought.

4. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Exactly my experience. Some of the foundation questions were near as dammit the same as on past papers, so I'm hoping our revision paid off!
    The Sankey diagram threw some who said they panicked and blew it, then again more of them seemed to be able to work it out and got it right.
    Now as for the B3 paper......

5. sep2

sep2 New commenter

Thanks for that. I'll look forward to having a look through Monday morning. What is done is done. They are a brill year group so hopfully their hard work (and mine [​IMG]) will have paid up. Time shall tell.

6. Please help. I am tutoring a child and using this sankey question for revision. I just can not for the life of me work out how the answers are calculated. Have ms and the answers are 20 MJ and 1/10 for questions 2a i and 2a ii of this higher tier paper 2 Jun 2010. Please enlighten me!!!