1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Today is the day.....

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by surf kitty too, Feb 5, 2020.

1. surf kitty too

surf kitty too Occasional commenter

That I will be handing in my resignation letter, to retire at the end of Easter! :):):):):):)

Trepidation, excitement, nervous........

About to go off in search of my elusive HT.....:eek:

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Good for you!

You'll then have lots of time on your hands to do what so many other retired teachers do, post at great length on TES :D

3. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

A momentous day! A summer to really look forward to.

bevdex, lynneseptember and lindenlea like this.
  4. lynneseptember

lynneseptember Senior commenter

Congratulations!

5. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

You never forget the day you hand in your notice. Good luck for a long and happy retirement.

tall tales likes this.
  6. Prim

Prim Occasional commenter

Congratulations, now live life to the full with no one eroding your time and independence.

7. heldon

heldon Occasional commenter

Well done, once the deed is done you probably felt a sense of relief. Onwards!!!

8. Ex-teacher

Ex-teacher Occasional commenter

Congrats. Enjoy your last weeks in the job

9. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Welcome to the club:)

10. Morninglover

Morninglover Lead commenter

If my experience is anything to go by, you'll really enjoy your last few weeks of teaching!

PS Make sure (assuming you are applying for your Teachers' Pension) that the school complete any paperwork they need, and you do also. Monitor progress to getting your hands on it ASAP after your retirement date!

lynneseptember likes this.
  11. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

But don't let that persuade you to stay on! They're only enjoyable because you know that soon you won't have to put up with all the old bo **ocks anymore.

12. cassiedogrip

cassiedogrip New commenter

Savour the experience as you would a fine glass of claret on a summer's evening. Vary your intonation and expression to good effect, treat each syllable as if it were a fragile piece of cut glass; enjoy the facial expressions and flustered tones of your headteacher and, finally, smile as only the victorious can and should do!