1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Today I thought I'd made my fortune...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tangerinecat, Jan 14, 2011.

1. tangerinecat

tangerinecat New commenter

...after clearing out my classroom cupboard and finding a very old (clearly 90's hair) signed photo of David Beckham (who knew he could write his name?).
    After mentally spending a grand on a new haircut and a bottle of Cristal, I looked on eBay. [​IMG] It's worth maybe a fiver.
    Split ends and cava for me...

2. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i ownder what i'd get for justin hawkins' footy shorts?

3. Washed or unwashed?

4. emilystrange

unwashed.

5. tangerinecat

6. emilystrange

to me they're priceless. i know where they've been.

7. tangerinecat

Nestled next to the behaired testicles of a jumpsuit wearing loon [​IMG]

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I got fairly substantially pished last weekend and came up with a completely brilliant business idea.
    Unfortunately, all trace of the idea had vanished come the morning - reminiscent of a particular episode of Mad Men.

9. Take away postage charges and ebay commission and you will be paying someone to take them off your hands.
    Which is about right, really.

10. emilystrange

quite. and he did give them to me. he's quite sensible these days - relatively :D

11. Be honest.
    Did he give them to you or did you take them off?

12. Mr L has got boxfuls of old Man Utd programmes from the 60s to the present cluttering up the loft, which he swears are worth good money. Well I just looked on eBay and he'd be lucky to get a pound a piece for them.

13. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Aye, but if he's got boxes full of them, that could be a tidy sum, Lil!

14. emilystrange

he took them off himself in the dressing room, i was in the stands. sadly. but he did come up to see us after so i consoled self with that!

15. tangerinecat

I don't know why, but I had you down as a person of taste, emily [​IMG]

16. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've got a British Grand Prix programme signed by Jochen Rindt, any ideas if it's worth more than €1?

17. tangerinecat

Hmmm, now I come to think of it, I'm sure I've got Lizzie Webb's and Roland Rat's autographs somewhere.

Early retirement plan forms...

18. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

There's been a huge upsurge in autograph signing and trading in the last few years, so I wouldn't get too optimistic about prices. I blame the cult of the celebrity. You go to any large sport/tv/film fan convention these days and there's hordes of washed out actors and tired sports personalities scribbling away like their livelihoods depend on it (in some cases they probably do), and hordes of fans queueing to pay for the privilege.

Maybe if the signatory has been dead for at least a decade you might get a better price for it ;-)

19. I got Hugh Jackman's autograph that came with a kiss... he's so lovely.... (shame his missus is just as sweet)

20. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

By what standard is anything from the 90s "very old"

apart from cheese and such