1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Today I don't feel like doing anything.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Dec 17, 2015.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Do-do do, do-do do.

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Neither do I.

But as my dog-walker/cleaning lady is off sick I have no bleedin' CHOICE. :mad:

3. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I feel like doing lots but can't because the plumber is in working again and seems to be doing something in every room. Lots of my furniture has been moved and I can't do anything. We're supposed to be putting the Christmas decorations up this afternoon and I don't see how we can :(.

4. grumpydogwoman

If you have time on your hands @RedQuilt ?

D'ya fancy doing some housework round at mine?

Oh. :oops::(
    Sorry.

5. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I would!

6. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

I have time on my hands today - I'll do it for you gdw! I enjoy doing other people's housework.

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

How could anyone in the world enjoy doing housework? Though I used to have a fantasy, when I was still teaching, of having a job just hoovering white confetti off giant navy blue carpets all day long with no one making any demands on me.

8. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I quite like the mind-numbing routine of it as it gives me thinking time. The end results are quite satisfying too.
    I wouldn't want to mislead anyone into thinking I do lots of it though, I have productive fits and starts.

Lara mfl 05 and lindenlea like this.
  9. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Housework expands to fill the time available!

I would like to do lots of things, none of them involving housework, but I am stuck here, waiting for two Christmas presents to arrive. They should, of course, have been here yesterday and I waited in then too.

notonthehighstreet, I'm annoyed!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  10. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I am never in the mood to work these das.but necessity demands i do something..however I then feel guilty if i dont do something..so im going to plant some bulbs i bought cheap at B&Q the other day for a £1 a pkt....should make the garden and tubs bright later on in spring although the earl daffs are already showing and the vine in the back garden is sprouting!

kibosh, Lara mfl 05 and Lascarina like this.
  12. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I was just thinking how lazy i am. I have friends who dive in to organise events for groups they are in and try and make things lovely, while i would just be trying to make it as easy as possible. In fact, I don't even help! Now if it was my job and I was getting paid i would be motivated - i worked like a dog at school, but now ..... Going to a U3a tea this pm and am hoping I don't get roped in to wash up. I'd have stuck with a pub lunch but there were concerns about price! Honestly, there are lots of cheap lunch places and the 0ver 60s in my town are pretty well heeled.

kibosh likes this.
  13. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

First day of the holiday for me today. I had a burst of energy this morning but have now flopped. My next job is to tidy the junk off the dining table and clean it. I don't mind cleaning but I hate tidying.
    I was planning on taking the little dog and doing some training with her but it is raining. Hopefully it will brighten up soon.

14. grumpydogwoman

Easy! Yes. Find the easiest way.

Trust @Eureka! to find something totally off the wall. I don't get it! But I'm sure it's very amusing.

15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

hehe .. not sure I get it, but you never forget that phrase after seeing that film! Maybe the phrase is a little awkward and someone has a thing about it? (apart from the character, lol)

16. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Truth be told I'm just trying to avoid 'sorting and clearing' that I have to do and which I do not relish! ;) Keep needing a coffee break!
    I think I need to prioritize: I'm fighting with all the end of term resources,then trying to sort Christmas shopping, write cards etc
    Honestly I am going to start that de-cluttering challenge in the New Year.Now who can provide a link to a thread. A quick search for '30 day de-cluttering challenge' got me 'No results.:(

17. grumpydogwoman

18. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

My physiotherapist doesn't want me working above head height and I don't want to leave an unsightly tide-mark.

kibosh and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  19. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

What's the point of having a dog or dogs if you do not walk your poor pets?

20. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter