1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

To travel or not to travel, that is the question..

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by blizzard, Apr 2, 2012.

1. How about teaching abroad? I did that and when I returned the school included that year in my new salary because I still had teaching experience.
    Obviously you would loose your current job if you did that, but it's just a different way of looking at it.
    B

2. In the past maybe but with so many people applying for each job at the present time it's just likely to be seen as time away from how things have moved on in the UK in the last year. Your experience then makes you more expensive but it hasn't been recent experience.
    Just be very aware that things are now very competitive and so what others have done in the past isn't so easy now!
    As I said before only you can decide. Working in a school as we all know is very hard work and if you are always thinking what if, can be very difficult. Do what feels right!
    Good luck in your decision making.