1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

To test or not to test?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I don't know what to do. I'm on CD28 and 11DPO. Yesterday I bagan to get some very light spotting, just a tiny bit, enough to come through to the panytliner, and it was dark brown. I've had it again today and again it's only a small amount.
    When I first came off the pill I used to get spotting a week before AF, it would start light and get more until AF would beging properly, but I stopped this spotting about cycle 9 and only get it about a day before AF when it's pink. My AF isn't due until Tuesday, so another 5 days.
    Should I use an early detection test? I've got two in my drawer, but was hoping I'd have the willpower to wait until Sunday/Monday. What should I do? Test now, or wait? Is 11 DPO too early to test?

2. Try to hold out antoniou. I'm 8 dpo and desperate to test. X

3. I'll try to hold out. Fingers crossed for you too x

4. Hold on until Sunday - if it's positive = fantastic news... if it's not = eat LOTS of easter eggs to cheer yourself up!!! ;o)
    xx

5. [​IMG]

6. missjivebunny

missjivebunny New commenter

Fingers crossed for you antoniou.

7. TEST, TEST, TEST [​IMG]
    Hee, hee....Just giving you an alternative view antoniou!
    I have everything crossed you chick. x x x

PS Don't let LMC see this.....she thinks i'm reformed! [​IMG]

8. Oops, have everything crossed for you chick!
    x

9. Ha ha ha! Look Miss B just stand up and shout it from the rooftops: 'I'm Miss B and I'm a POASoholic!!!'

10. Fingers crossed Antoniou!! x

11. I'm very tempted to test, but I'm going to wait till the weekend and see what happens. Just some brown cm when I wiped just now with the tiniest bit of a clot (I think) so not too hopeful really. MissB, don't worry, your secret is safe with me!

12. Dont do it x

13. Hey antoniou, my AF was due yesterday, but I know as soon as I test she'll arrive! X

14. Oh my goodness!! TEST, TEST, TEST!! [​IMG]
    (Nothing to see here LMC.....keep moving....[​IMG])
    Only joking Millie, I have everything crossed for you sweets. x x x x

15. Ah, but Miss B, if I don't test, then I can pretend that I may possibly be pregnant! Test = either bfn or af will arrive as I poas. I am enjoying a good old symptom spot too - very tired, bit of dizzy/light headedness, slightly funny tummy... I am going to be in a right old mood with myself for this when she arrives!

16. Don't test until AF is definitely late would be my advice... good luck! Millie- you too! :)

17. Just thought I'd share my story - I was DPO 13 and thought I'd POAS- didn't have many symptoms but couldn't wait any longer. As soon as I did and put the test to one side, I wiped (apologies for TMI) and bl**dy typical, there was brown/red. I was furious - typical! what a waste of a test. From that point, knew it was a negative. Puffed with irritation as I looked at it and lo and behold, it was actually positive! My point is, even with a positive, you can have brown/red (had not had any other spotting during the 2ww). Never say never.
    Good luck to all of you lovely ladies!
    x

18. The witch beat me to it, so my tests are still in their wrapper in the drawer [​IMG]

19. Just wanted to say so sorry to hear that. At least you won't have a christmas baby and now the CBFM is in full flow hopefully next month will be your month. Sorry not very helpful but trying to be positive. I hope you are OK. Take care x

20. Thought I'd bump this thread up as, once again, I'm really tempted to test! Am desperately trying to wait until Sunday (2 days before AF due), but I need someone to stop me from testing tomorrow morning! Help!