1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

To tell or not to tell?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by gergil4, Apr 10, 2011.

1. gergil4

gergil4 New commenter

Always tell, especially if you're expecting them to be a reference - common courtesy. This will surely affect your maternity pay if you don't get another job and leave.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I would say but onlywhen, and if, you find a job you like and submit an application. No point in saying 'I'm thinking of applying for a new job' just incase you don't find a job you fancy.
    BTW....seems odd you are looking before you've even gone back. I assume you don't like your job?

3. My commute to work is an 90 mile round trip and with a new little bundle at home that means 450 miles per week and at least 10 hours per week sat in the car - frankly I'd rather be with my little one!

4. I don't blame you! Just tell your head the reason you are looking for a new job but only if you find any worth applying for!