1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

to teach abroad or not to teach abroad??!

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by justme1982, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Lead commenter

Possibly, though I rather think of him as an onion. As ever, some of his'logic' makes the eyes water.

2. I love it when defensive people smear their brown stuff all over the thread, it reminds me of the Clovis era. Entertaining stuff chaps.
    Happy New Year.

Bobby Dee

3. Not quite right there Mainwaring, I, Clovis, the object of your obsession, sent him a PM. I don't find you nasty Mainwaring, I just find you a sad p r a t.

4. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Seems like someone else has a bit of an obsession going on as well. Let's get this straight, you were surfing the threads, came across one where M and WJ were having a ding dong regarding security issues and PMd WJ to let him know all about the madness of M. I may not be a psych major but that does sound a little obsessive to me.

5. Mainwaring

So you sent a PM to yourself? I see now why Pharaoh dubbed you the 'Sage of Rampton'.
    Quite right about the obsession, ET, here's a chap who creeps around Teaching Overseas so he can run and tell tales on Opinion. I used to find him an entertaining eejit, but this is sinister.

6. You are ever so slightly paranoid. I haven't posted on here for a while, but I do still browse the forums.
    Oh, and it wasn't me that got threads removed Mainwaring, however much you'd like to think it was.

7. Mainwaring

Who wouldn't be? I could cope with you thinking you were a teapot or even a civil engineer but schizophrenia is serious stuff.

8. Stop talking sheet, Clovis! You were removed from the thread because of who and what you are. Stand tall Clovis, but don't stand proud.

9. I see al the pre-Chrismas best wishes have gone right down the sh1tter.
    Thank the Lord.

10. I find it abhorent that you (MW) could possibly be working with children. This is embarrassing for our profession.
    I am also looking to make the move abroad and am finding the advice helpful. Thanks to all for the positive comments.
    S

11. Mainwaring

I'm not.
    As a matter of (very casual) interest, what IS your profession? Sock puppet? Clone? Avatar? Pseudonym?
    A 'brand new' poster appears on the forum, resurrects an old thread and immediately starts laying down the law? You may claim to be 'born yesterday' but the rest of us weren't.
    BTW: It's 'abhorrent'.

12. To answer the original poster...JUST DO IT!
    Mainwaring: I am a fan and without you, this site would be very dull![​IMG]

13. Mainwaring

Most kind. You'll notice that we've heard no more from Southend. No bottle, these modern Essex kids.

14. ???.

15. Mainwaring

A brief clarification for any who might be interested (but why would you be?): This is not our old friend Clovis but yet another 'new' <strike>poster </strike>troll who suddenly appeared last Saturday just after I'd (yet again) trounced a certain Randy Turpin over on Opinion.
    [​IMG]

16. Hi

Just read your advice to another blogger about teaching abroad. Some of the tips you gave are really useful and I was wondering if you could offer me some advice. I've been teaching for 2 years and I am actively looking into teaching and living in Australia,[ New South Wales]

I know you teach in Dubai but I would like to know what is the best agency/organisation to approach. And is there an expected number of years teaching prior to teaching abroad?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Gina