1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

To retain both sanity and a sense of humour at the end of it all

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by iamthewalrus, May 9, 2011.

1. Sounds to me like they're not looking for much more than a nod to a sense of humour when you're talking about personal qualities/philosophy. I would imagine that this part of the personal spec is designed to show prospective candidates that the school/head is human, and that they don't take themselves too seriously - essential in my opinion!!??

2. breadmaker

breadmaker New commenter

That's a lovely specification to have! I would love to work in a school that considered that important- I think our's would be something like "to work yourself into mental ill health and to bring certificate proving sense of humour by-pass: too much serious work to be done to have a joke along the way." Good luck with your app.why not ask your current HT to comment on your personality in your reference with regard to these two things?

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I HATE it when I see person specs with the 'sense of humour' clause in them.
    It's impossible to identify in applicants and as everyone thinks they have one, what's the point of putting it? I've known heads and governors with what I'd call **** senses of homour and would not like to imagine they're selecting anyone based on their views of what constitutes a sense of humour.