1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

To put my mind at rest - GCSE English Paper 1 Query

Discussion in 'English' started by zebedee28, May 16, 2011.

1. I teach top set yet found out today that two of my A* candidates. Didn't put Dear... or Yours sincerely in their letters in Section B. How much will this affect their mark. They typically achieve 17/9 or 18/9 in class and are very talented but made silly errors today.
    Would appreciate it if someone could help me out!
    Zoe

2. Sorry for the typo...
    I teach top set yet found out today that two of my A* candidates didn't put Dear... or Yours sincerely in their letters in Section B. How much will this affect their mark. They typically achieve 17/9 or 18/9 in class and are very talented but made silly errors today.
    Would appreciate it if someone could help me out!
    Zoe

3. i marked higher paper 1 couple years back (aqa) and it was made very clear to me that them putting dear/ yours... etc can not prevent them getting full/ close to full marks at all

don't panic! :eek:)

4. or <u>not</u> putting dear/ yours... (is what i meant to say! long day!)

5. Thank you sooooooooo much! Don't worry about the typo - I corrected mine then realise I made about four other mistakes! Exam stress!

You have made my day! Thank you

6. you're welcome :eek:)
    it's a stressful time!
    don't know how long u have been teaching but i highly recommend marking exams (if u can be bothered/ if u have time in the middle of your other many duties as a teacher...!)
    so useful and really makes u aware of what examiners are after (plus money is ok!)
    fingers crossed for a decent paper 2 wed!