1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

To post a CV or not on TES?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by 4SC, Nov 19, 2019.

1. 4SC

4SC New commenter

What do people think about uploading a C.V. onto the TES website, or any other for that matter?

I've been encouraged to upload mine for future recruitment fairs, whereby prospective employers can view my C.V. and potentially contact me before such fairs to organise an interview.

Also, so that recruiters at TES can view my C.V. for potential vacancies.

I find this approach to be potentially a passive approach. For example, how do I know that my C.V. is being exposed and noticed? How about if I do not get contacted by anyone? Can I assume that no-one is therefore interested? Why then go to an international recruitment fair thinking that all the recruiters thee have seen my c.v. and are not interested, why would I then show up?

Can a C.V. go stale on a website?

I'm thinking of attending a fair with a fresh cv in my hand, so that I am a fresh face and I can then be there in person to 'sell' myself.

What are people's experiences and views? to post or not to post?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No.

You should NOT put personal details on an open website where you could be the victim of identity fraud.

Who has encouraged you to post on TES?

Best wishes

3. janavis467

janavis467 New commenter

I recently saw a job ad on TES for a Physics job I really fancied. The only way to apply for it was through the TES site. I didn't feel comfortable doing that - putting all my personal details here - so didn't apply.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I don't think applying through the site is the same as putting your personal details on the site.

Your application would only have been seen by that school.

Like sending them a WhatsApp!

Best wishes