1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

To do or not to do - school visits and job applications

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by BYusuf, Oct 11, 2016.

1. WildKyogre

WildKyogre New commenter

Is there a polite way of saying in my application or email with my application that I was/am unable to visit the school I am applying for because I work supply and live over an hour away on public transport?

(planning to move into the area as soon as I have job lined up for September)

2. cornflake

cornflake Occasional commenter

Yes - just say that.
    As a Head, I have to say I take no notice of who has come to look round! I shortlist on the basis of the application against the essential and desirable criteria.
    In many ways, expecting candidates to come and look round before shortlisting is unfair because not every one can!
    Having said that, for an SLT position I WOULD expect you to have come round, or at least rung for a chat if you live quite a way from us....

BYusuf likes this.
  3. a1autotransport

a1autotransport New commenter

It's great to visit the school before presenting the application as you can really recognize regardless of whether this school is the correct one for you.