1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

To become a teacher in UK

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by farzyakthar, Jul 5, 2020.

  1. farzyakthar

    farzyakthar New commenter

    Hi.I am a physics undergraduate with good grades. But unfortunately i am currently not working or doing any course since 2013 which is after completing my graduation. I would like to know whether if i come to UK as dependent will i be able to get enrolled to teachers training course there. Since i have a break of 7 years will it affect me in anyway.
  2. TeacherMan19

    TeacherMan19 Occasional commenter

    Youcan apply and interview for a course. There shouldn't be a problem that you haven't done it straight away after graduating.
    farzyakthar likes this.
  3. motorhomer

    motorhomer New commenter

    No, it won't have any negative effect at all. In fact, it will benefit you if you've worked with children during those past 7 years.
    farzyakthar likes this.
  4. the hippo

    the hippo Lead commenter Community helper

    farzyakthar, this is the TES "Teaching Abroad" forum. This forum is really for teachers who are teaching in other countries, i.e. not in the UK. Therefore most of the teachers who write on this forum have left the UK, in some cases quite a few years ago, and most of us have no intention of returning to teaching in the UK. Therefore this forum is probably not the best place to be asking about teacher training places in UK. I am sorry if that seems to be a bit negative and unhelpful.

    On a more positive note, yes, i would say that it is very likely that you will be able to get onto a PGCE course, if you do have a Physics degree. However, I would also say that the reason that so many British teachers have either left the UK and are now teaching overseas or else they have left teaching altogether is that teaching in the UK is not a well-paid and respected career.
    farzyakthar and hplovegame48 like this.
  5. lunarita

    lunarita Lead commenter

    Maybe this bit would be more helpful - aimed at teachers trained outside the uk and looking to work there


    But really I'd just say, go ahead and apply. You've got nothing to lose and, as a physicist, might be much in demand.

    Good luck.
    farzyakthar likes this.
  6. Corvuscorax

    Corvuscorax Star commenter

    You are a graduate, not an undergraduate. You will need to pass an Englsih language exam, and from your post, I would say possibly not quite there yet, but very close.
    farzyakthar likes this.
  7. farzyakthar

    farzyakthar New commenter

  8. farzyakthar

    farzyakthar New commenter

    Thank u for your reply

Share This Page