1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TMG Schools

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Alphaalpha, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Any comments?

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Could you be a little more descriptive?

3. lostintheworld

lostintheworld New commenter

Are you talking about TMG in Cairo??

4. bigfatgit

bigfatgit Occasional commenter

Of course he is!

Time for Alphaalpha to change his user name to Naughtynaughty!!

How's it going AA?

5. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

BFG check your email!

6. bigfatgit

Nowt received

7. MisterMaker

I'm still none-the-wiser. The Water company school, which has lots of jobs, would TMC, not TMG. Curious to know Which school TMG is.

8. BananaJoe

BananaJoe New commenter

Search Google for the title of this thread followed by the the city in which BFG lives. All will be somewhat revealed, particularly if you have a problem with the booze.

A bit of self advertising going on on the part of the OP.

9. BananaJoe

BananaJoe New commenter

10. MisterMaker

Harrison still at it? Good grief.

11. lostintheworld

lostintheworld New commenter

Whats going on there then....I know they have a new head and that the old head has moved on....or rather was told to move on.....have I missed something else ??

12. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

Must have old email. Check conversations.

13. bigfatgit

14. MisterMaker

Just look at his linkedin page. What happened? No new pastures mentioned since July 2015.

15. bigfatgit

Appears to have "left" at Easter

16. MisterMaker

Perhaps he finally thought he had enough clout to disagree with the owner and put education first? The Winehouse school mostly took the dregs from others schools - I knew a few who worked there I wouldn't touch. A decent teacher who worked with him a couple of years ago thought well of him. I'm curious about what happened; only spoke with him a few times when I was in the LOTP.

17. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

I assume this post is only for selected few. Just keen to know what TMG schools are. Tried searching online without any results.

18. MisterMaker

add cairo to you search.

19. dkarana

dkarana New commenter

No luck

20. ianqatar

ianqatar New commenter

Friends have told me that my name has been published on this thread, which I understand is against the terms of service. I could complain to TES and have the thread removed along with a slap on the wrist to those who have so casually violated my privacy, but I won't, it's not that important to me.

For the record: I left “my” school and TMG schools at the end of May this year (2015) after just short of 9 years service as Head and Director of Schools, on good terms and with no outstanding issues either way.
    The background is that we received our BSO inspection report in January and the school was rated “good” overall with some “outstanding” areas, not too shabby for a school which, according to one misinformed contributor, “takes the dregs” – I do hope you are not a teacher if you use such contemptuous language for children. If you are a teacher perhaps you could let us know the BSO inspection result for your school. . .

The upshot being obviously that this was an entirely appropriate moment to hand over to a new leader and draw a line under my tenure of the post. Once the decision was made, TMG naturally wanted to ensure a smooth transfer as swiftly as possible and I was pleased to have a slightly longer than usual summer vacation to make this work for them.

I am now taking a gap year, as I didn’t get a chance of one the first time around and enjoying my new found carefree life in Portugal.

Thank you for your concern and interest in my career.

Ian Harrison

Please note that any further mentions of me or any of my former staff or employers by name will result in my taking immediate action through the Times Ed. Thank you.