1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR2a pay query

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by howardjennifer, Jan 20, 2016.

1. howardjennifer

howardjennifer New commenter

Hi,

At the risk of sounding a bit daft, I was wondering if anyone could help.

I am currently on M5 of the main pay scale. I have been offered a TLR2a and have looked up that it offers around £2587 per year.

My question is, would that two grand payment just be added to my current M5 wage? Would I have to apply to go to upper pay scale?

Thanks!

2. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

TLR 2a would be added to your gross pay and yes eventually you would have to apply to go onto UPS after M6. Please check your pay policy in your school (academy) to see what the process is - they can vary.

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Yes, TLRs are always in addition to your regular salary. Assuming that your school is sticking to the old M and UPS points (which is no longer inn STPCD), then it is likely that you will need to apply to go onto UPS. But, your school's pay policy might allow you to apply earlier, so it is worth checking. IMO, all teachers should be reading their school's pay policy.

Sounds a bit low if you are under STPCD. There are no fixed levels for TLR2a, but, from STPCD 2015 "the annual value of a TLR2 must be no less than £2,613 and no greater than £6,386." Did you look this up at school? If not, you should ask what the TLR wil be worth.