1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the new look TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

TLR2a - how much?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by leeloo1, May 18, 2007.

1. please could you let me know the salary range for TLR 2a? I can only find a scale for the whole TLR2 and I don't know if a is higher or lower than b...

any help would be appreciated!

2. please could you let me know the salary range for TLR 2a? I can only find a scale for the whole TLR2 and I don't know if a is higher or lower than b...

any help would be appreciated!

3. could be higher or lower end of range - there is no national agreement on sublevels and each school has decided its own designations, and in which order

some use 2a, 2b - some 2.1, 2.2 - others 2(i), 2(ii)

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

The only requirement is that when schools use different points in the range there must be at least £1500 difference. Ask to see the staffing structure or just ask.

5. It's usually the lowest they can pay you - about £2300 ish!

6. I currently recieve a TLR 2a and it is £5500. 2b at my school is £3750 and 2c is £2250. It can vary from school to school though.

7. as i have already noted 2a may be top end of range or bottom end of range, depending on how a school has decided to designate TLR sublevels