1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR2 query

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by FenellaF, Jun 7, 2012.

1. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Hi, I have been at my school as SENCo for a couple of years on a TLR2, so am effectively SMT. I have been asked by my head to now oversee lower KS2, as part of SMT, but no extra pay has been discussed. Is it right that this can happen? What extra duties can I be given as part of SMT with no extra pay, even though that's not what I signed up for? Thanks

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

the one does not follow the other - a TLR is for additional responsibility, not for being part of SMT
    none, as you are not on the Leadership scale: You are covered by 1265 hours requirements (assuming your school uses the STPCD). The school can of course direct you within those 1265 hours but might have to provide you with management time in which to carry out the extra work.

3. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Thanks for that. I have always been told that I am part of the SMT. I am on UPS1 as well. So can I just be given a place on SMT because my head says so???

4. A HT can have whoever he or she likes as members of SMT.

5. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Thanks for your replies. I consider myself enlightened!