1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mary Sullivan, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Mary Sullivan

Mary Sullivan New commenter

Hi all
    Just wondering if there is a specific format for applying for a TLR? I am in the process of writing a letter of application but am unsure if there is a recognised layout for it.
    Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

Any school advertising a role will give you an application form to complete.

3. varcolac

varcolac Occasional commenter

I don't think you "apply for a TLR", at least in my experience. You apply for a role, to which a TLR is attached. So if you apply for a Head of Department role, it'll have a TLR in the advertisement.

For instance, from a Head of Year role advertised on this site...

Date posted: 22 Nov 2019
    Start date: April 2020
    Contract type: Full Time
    Salary: MPS/UPS and Inner London Weighting plus TLR1b
    Contract term: Permanent
    Suitable for NQTs: No
    The "plus TLR1b" part is the TLR compensation for the role. Sometimes your role can change in a school and you can be awarded a TLR for the new responsibility, but that's usually tied to the role. Become Head of Year? Get a Head of Year's TLR. Head up a temporary project? Get a temporary TLR in line with that responsibility.

A generic "applying for a TLR" process? I'm not sure that this is a thing which exists.

agathamorse and Rott Weiler like this.