1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR - what is it and how do you get one?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by teen1970, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Can anyone help on this subject please? I am going into my second year of teaching and now have a co-ordinators role - how do i go about getting TLR? Thanks

2. Can anyone help on this subject please? I am going into my second year of teaching and now have a co-ordinators role - how do i go about getting TLR? Thanks

3. TLRs go with posts, and not to staff

the only way to get one is to apply for a position that is designated as having a TLR in the school staffing structure (when it becomes vacant of course)

that may mean having to change schools if yours is one of those that do not have many TLRs in their staffing structure

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

"TLRs go with posts, and not to staff"

....and just hope the post can do the work associated with the TLR?

5. if you have to ask that question it suggests you do not yet hace the requisite knowledge and experience that would mean it would be appropriate for you to be in a post substantial enough to attract a TLR....

6. Don't be so critical if you can't use capital letters.

7. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Flaimng on PunCtuation, SPELing AND Other; syntactic,L NICETIes is nOT REALLY HELPFul or useFUEL - especially not 5 years later....

8. Actually I believe you will find that it depends a great deal on the pennies in your school's purse. In my expreience some roles are given a TLR but the same role elsewhere is not. I have been creativity leader in my school not for 5 years and it does not carry an extra pay.................. however I love what I do and although it would indeed be nice to recieve renumeration for what I do, I know I am very fortunate to have flexibility in my role, it is a swings and roundabouts thing [​IMG]

9. You may have a coordinators role but you may not get any extra for it, depends on the school budget. If you are unlucky enough to be in a small school you may find everyone has a subject leadership role and no one gets paid extra.