1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR Reviews!

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by TheMole, Jul 3, 2011.

1. I am currently receiving a TLR for an acting post. I have been doing the role for two years now.

I have asked to be made permanent but was told that there would be a TLR review, Xmas 2011, and I would have to wait until then.

It is envisaged that in this review that the TLR's will be reduced and those people on a permanent TLR will get 3 years protected salary but becuase I have been 'acting' in my role I will not.

Do I have any grounds for appeal?

I could end up with no TLR and a huge pay cut.

Cheers

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I'm afraid you've been royally shafted, exactly the position I've been trying to get a colleague of mine to avoid for 2 years. Your understanding of your position is correct and your head knew exactly what they were doing as well - with no regard for your opinion of them to boot. You would have been better off just turning the TLR down, unless you want to resign and get a new job based on your recent experience?

3. AdmiralNelson

AdmiralNelson New commenter

Haviing done the job for some time I'd be looking for a similar job elsewhere
    Well, not that huge...

NB make sure you don't get conned into continuing the work with no TLR,...

4. It is a very generous TLR, £7,323, so I could do without losing it.

As for getting conned and still doing the job? They can kiss my big hairy daddybags!

I don;t know why but I am still amazed at the strokes that can be pulled by schools on their employees but I am.

Revenge is a dish best served cold...