1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR payment instead of R&R

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by blt, Jan 14, 2012.

1. blt

blt New commenter

Hello,

I wondered if someone could give me some advice.

When I took my job in my current school, it attracted a small TLR which I think equated to about £1600. This was for pastoral responsibility.
    After a year at the school I was asked to run a programme which was an initiative between lots of local schools and colleges. This had a recruitment and retention allowance attached of £2000. (The initiative was set to run for 2 years).

At the time. our business manager - a friend of mine - said that he would combine these 2 payments under one new TLR. He went through the calculations with me and showed me that the money would be the same, but that a TLR was 'better'.

Now the initiative is due to come to an end and I have a 'review of role' this week with my area manager. I know he was not very happy when he found out I was receiving more money - even though it wasn't coming out of the school 'pot.

So, can they change my TLR back down? Is that why he maybe wants to discuss role? I am now paid what the school refer to as '2b' -.

Sorry if this is a bit vague :( It's just I'm trying to get an idea before I see him this week. He has a tendency of dumping whatever **** he doesn't want to do on me - and they're always massive jobs :(

2. blt

blt New commenter

Hello,

I wondered if someone could give me some advice.

When I took my job in my current school, it attracted a small TLR which I think equated to about £1600. This was for pastoral responsibility.
    After a year at the school I was asked to run a programme which was an initiative between lots of local schools and colleges. This had a recruitment and retention allowance attached of £2000. (The initiative was set to run for 2 years).

At the time. our business manager - a friend of mine - said that he would combine these 2 payments under one new TLR. He went through the calculations with me and showed me that the money would be the same, but that a TLR was 'better'.

Now the initiative is due to come to an end and I have a 'review of role' this week with my area manager. I know he was not very happy when he found out I was receiving more money - even though it wasn't coming out of the school 'pot.

So, can they change my TLR back down? Is that why he maybe wants to discuss role? I am now paid what the school refer to as '2b' -.

Sorry if this is a bit vague :( It's just I'm trying to get an idea before I see him this week. He has a tendency of dumping whatever **** he doesn't want to do on me - and they're always massive jobs :(