1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR Payment for 2nd In Dept Maths

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by misshodgson14, Apr 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. misshodgson14

misshodgson14 New commenter

Hi all,

Just trying to get an idea of TLR payments for 2nd in departments, Secondary Maths.
    I've moved schools and my TLR is £2k lower than previous, I've challenged this as politely as I could but have not received much except a claim that the previous school overpayed me.

Thanks

2. tb9605

tb9605 Established commenter

I was paid a TLR of just over £2,000 (like £2,054 or something) as SiD of English.

3. slstrong123

slstrong123 New commenter

Can depend on the size of the school/department. Adverts local to me suggest approx 4500 is the norm, but if you are in a smaller than average school, this may be lower.

4. Flanks

Flanks Senior commenter

TLRs tend to be advertised alongside job roles, did that not happen in this case?

border_walker likes this.
  5. frustum

frustum Star commenter

You must ask about pay before accepting a job, and not make assumptions.

6. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

Why are people still accepting jobs without negotiating pay. too late to complain afterwards.

7. misshodgson14

The job posted was for head of dept. Their current second was appointed, I took their role.

8. misshodgson14

By people? You mean me? Because I'm not confident in the rights and wrongs of how to accept a job I suppose? Naivety?

9. littledragon25

littledragon25 New commenter

My SiC is awarded a TLR 2b, so somewhere over £4600. I'm in English but the SiC for maths is paid the same TLR as me.