1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR pay confusion

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by hungryhippo, May 3, 2011.

1. Hi, just wondering if any of you can give me advice?
    I've returned to school after maternity leave, and am currently working 0.6. When appointed I was full time, and a memeber of SMT on a TLR 2c. I'm still recieving my TLR 2c, but only 0.6 of it. But the TLR is for SENCo responsiblity, and no one else does this job but me! I haven't got someone else working 0.4 of the SENCo role. When I was on leave my SENCo cover was a full time member of staff, and naturally got the full amount of the TLR. But my workload is exactly the same as hers, I just squash it into 3 days!
    I don't mean to sound greedy, but do feel a little miffed that the workload isn't reduced, but the salary has. Any answers?
    Thanks in advance.

(PS I also posted this on Pay & Conditions, so sorry if you've read it twice!)

2. Hi, just wondering if any of you can give me advice?
    I've returned to school after maternity leave, and am currently working 0.6. When appointed I was full time, and a memeber of SMT on a TLR 2c. I'm still recieving my TLR 2c, but only 0.6 of it. But the TLR is for SENCo responsiblity, and no one else does this job but me! I haven't got someone else working 0.4 of the SENCo role. When I was on leave my SENCo cover was a full time member of staff, and naturally got the full amount of the TLR. But my workload is exactly the same as hers, I just squash it into 3 days!
    I don't mean to sound greedy, but do feel a little miffed that the workload isn't reduced, but the salary has. Any answers?
    Thanks in advance.

(PS I also posted this on Pay & Conditions, so sorry if you've read it twice!)