1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR letter of application

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by donnajbriggs, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Hi All
    I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of term.
    I am currently in the process of writing a letter of application for a internal TLR post at my school. I have done most of the letter but I feel that there is something missing. I am already a very active member of staff, I run 2 clubs after school (drumming and choir), I led my first inset two weeks ago (after only being made coordinator 2 months before that) and I am always working at my hardest to help the chidlren develop and achieve but still I don't feel as if I am quite there in teh sense that I want to stand out!
    So anyway onto my question: If you were reading an letter of apllication for an internal TLR post what would make it stand out from the rest? What would make you invite them to an interview? (I know 2 questions, sorry!).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    From a teacher who always wants the best for her children
    Donna

2. Sorry I should have said I work in a primary school that has a nursery and classes all the way to year 6.
    Thanks again
    Donna

3. bessiesmith

bessiesmith New commenter

The key thing the panel are interested in is what you are going to do once you have got this specific TLR job. This is the bit that needs to stand out from the rest of the field. Make a list of all the things you are going to do when (not if) you are appointed. How do you think these changes are going to improve the school?
    That's the bit that you need to make stand out - once the panel can see how much positive impact you are going to have, they can't fail to give you an interview!
    Good luck!

4. Hi
    I am writing my letter of application for TLR, Gifted and talented position in my school. I have done a lot for my deprtment but I don't know how to write or where to start writing.
    Could you please help me. I do appreciate to read a sample.
    Thanks

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Ignoring the very strange grammar of this sentence, what you appear to be saying is you want someone to tell you what to write.
    I'm afraid that this is down to you. If you can't put together your own letter for a G & T post, what use are you to gifted and talented children?