1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR Issue

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by jimbob12, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Hey Guys, Just joined and was wondering whether anyone on this forum can help me out with this issue of TLR. I work in a secondary school in the West Midlands and have been a teacher for four years now. I was volunteered by HOD to be the Data rep for the department last school year and took up all the duties required with the role but did not recieve any TLR for it as the school couldn't allocate any extra TLR's to the department. I am the Data rep this year also and again there are no funds to be allocated. This is obviously an issue as everyone else on the VLE team for the school gets a TLR except myself and no-one seems to want to address this or seems to have any plans of addressing it for the future.
    I have spoken to the Data co-ordinator about this and he has assured me that they have mentioned it to the SLT. This was at the start of the academeic year in Sept and I haevn't had any updates on it as of yet. I am thinking about mentioning it to my Union rep and see what they can do but I was wondering if anyone else has been in a similiar position and if so what action you took? Any help/advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
    Jimbo12

2. Any advice please!

This is really stressing me out at work

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

There should be a document in your school which explains the structure/allocation of TLRs. It is not possible to just "create" a new one...
    I am not sure that being a "data rep" for a department qualifies under most structures as a TLR post. If it were me, I would expect a reduced timetable to undertake the role, not extra money.
    You should have resolved the issue before taking it on for a further year. In these situations if you voluntarily take on extra work then that is your issue. If you feel you are being taken advantage of, simply decline to do the extra work.
    Probably not the advice you wanted, sorry. Others may have a different view/opinion.