1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR for phase team leader?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by snetbam, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hi
    We are in a bit of a battle with our head who seems to think that UPS covers paying for team leader responsibilities; however, we believe that TLR is the appropriate payment. Our understanding of UPS is managing a large curriculum area or initiative in the school, and some of us already do that as well as team leader.
    Any ideas?

2. Hi
    We are in a bit of a battle with our head who seems to think that UPS covers paying for team leader responsibilities; however, we believe that TLR is the appropriate payment. Our understanding of UPS is managing a large curriculum area or initiative in the school, and some of us already do that as well as team leader.
    Any ideas?

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I have been Foundation Stage Co-ordinator (2 Reception and 26 place Nursery) for years, it involves a lot of data and implementing new things but I have never had a TLR for it. I get one now as Literacy Co-ordinator for the whole school. I think it will be down to the Head and Governors to decide based on their budget, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about it.

4. http://www.education.gov.uk/b00201409/standards/post-threshold
    You can download the professional standards here.
    TLR responsibilities are determined by a school's staffing structure.
    Schools budgets will also play a great part in determining what the school can afford.
    A post threshold teacher would be expected to contribute towards the professional development of those within a team.