1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR and safeguarding

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Tattyted, Feb 23, 2012.

1. My school is currently becoming a 'federation' with one governing body and one principle head. The school leadership structure is obviously going to be altered and I am employed at a mid TLR 2 holder (assessment and Literacy leader), but about to go on sick leave for at least 6 weeks poss longer. Im concerned about my role in school when I return, can the new Head and Governing body remove my TLR or change my job role during my time off? Where do I stand? Is safeguarding available?

Thanks for your advice

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

they can do that at any time so your absence will only be different in that they won't have to look you in the eye for a while
    Absolutely - 3 years of it.Your P+C will transfer to the new school under TUPE regulations - I think; others will be able to confirm that.

3. Thank you, can I challenge a change to my role or do I just have to except it? Will I be kept informed if Im off sick?

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

The GB has to 'consult' with staff on changes to the staffing structure - we all know what that means.Ask your head to keep you informed of developments - not unreasonable.