1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR and Management time

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by vikingmaid, Feb 22, 2011.

1. I'm sole in charge of an A level with 70 students. I'm P/T (.7) and although have a TLR point in recognistion of job I don't get any management time only basic PPA. the marking alone takes a huge amount of time.
    So like most p/t teachers spend increasing time working outside school. Am I entitled to extra time in the timetable? I know this would change my pointage and therefore my salary.

2. I'm sole in charge of an A level with 70 students. I'm P/T (.7) and although have a TLR point in recognistion of job I don't get any management time only basic PPA. the marking alone takes a huge amount of time.
    So like most p/t teachers spend increasing time working outside school. Am I entitled to extra time in the timetable? I know this would change my pointage and therefore my salary.

3. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

The STPCD said -and may still say- that leaders should be given "reasonable" time in which to carry out their duties. Unfortunately, they have never defined "reasonable". However, making is not a leadership task so that can't really be part of your argument.