1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

TLR & threshold - this is what my head said to be today, is he out of order?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by campergirl78, Mar 16, 2011.

1. I have started a previous thread about threshold. Basically after a long-ish battle I have been progressed from UPS1 to UPS2 and am having this back dated to Sept 2010.
    The head (arrived Sept 2010) said that at the moment I am 'not seen as meeting post threshold standards, but as previous PM system was poor, he will give me the benefit of the doubt & progress me'. He said in order to be seen to be meeting post threshold targets that I should be doing things such as updating ICT SEN policy, producing ICT SEN resources and such like.
    I was under the impression that being on upper pay scale did not mean you had to do extra, that it just meant you had to be being a good, consistent class teacher getting good results etc.
    I do hold a SEN TLR (used to be 2nd in Inclusion dept but they have changed job titles now and I am 'learning leader for SEN'), now I can understand that for my TLR I have to be doing extra (such as SEN policy, SEN recources & a whole lot more), but am I right in thinking that my performance as a teacher & my right to remain on upper pay scale should be based on meeting the post threshold standards & that it shouldnt have anything to do with my TLR?
    In other words, take the TLR out of the equation, assume I havent got it. Was the head out of order for suggesting I did things like SEN policy, resources etc???...
    Well dont if you can make sense of this, its v.difficult to express what I mean properly!

2. *said to me today, not be

3. *well done not well don't![​IMG] Note to self: read before submitting!

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

is exactly right. Your job description for your TLR should have a fairly clear description of what is required of you in that role, what you have described in your post would appear to be the kind of thing.
    There is no question of you not remaining on UPS, once you have it, you stay on it.