1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR acting post - no interview?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by mrsd1983, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hi all
    Due to staff absence there have been two acting TLR posts in my faculty and both have been given to staff without interview. Can't help but feel it has been an unfair system but do not know who to raise it with. Not saying I should have been given a post but would have appreicated opportunity/experience in applying. Any advice?

2. Hi all
    Due to staff absence there have been two acting TLR posts in my faculty and both have been given to staff without interview. Can't help but feel it has been an unfair system but do not know who to raise it with. Not saying I should have been given a post but would have appreicated opportunity/experience in applying. Any advice?

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

They could do the same for the permanent post if they wanted, I'm afraid. But there's certainly no rule saying an acting post can't merely be handed over to whoever the head wants to do it.

4. Thanks, Middlemarch. Think it is less the head but more HOF who has wanted it. Just wanted to see if it was "legal" or not - certainly feels unfair, doesn't it. Jobs for boys and all that lot. Thanks again.