1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR 2e?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by vawoolley, Jan 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. vawoolley

vawoolley New commenter

Hello all,

I'm currently working as Lead Teacher for Literacy on a payment of TLR 2a. I'm considering applying for a KS4 Lead role advertised with a TLR of 2e... Now, I can't find any reference to such a TLR on any union pay card or similar. Might it be a typo? Or does it refer to some internal pay scale?

Any knowledge most welcome!!

2. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

If it's at an academy then I am pretty sure that they can set their own salary scales.

3. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Even if they use STPCD, the only rules are the minimum and maximum for each TLR band. It says "the annual value of a TLR2 must be no less than £2,721 and no greater than £6,646". There is no reason why a school cannot split this into five or more pay points. To make it even more confusing, TLR2a could be the lowest or the highest amount. Unions love to publish what they think the rules should be, which makes life very confusing for people who believe them. In this case, there is no advantage to teachers if schools do stick to only three points on TLR2.

So, the best thing to do is ask the school concerned.

vawoolley likes this.