1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR 2

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by CUWAJEH, Dec 21, 2011.

1. I HAVE BEEN ON TLR2B SINCE THE YEAR 2006. I HAVE BEEN IN DIFFERENT ROLE IN SAME SCHOOL. AT THE MONENT INCHARGE OF ICT, MLE ,E-SAFETY ,A PHASE LEADER , MEMBER OF THE SLT AND A CLASS TEACHER.
    I MOVED TO UPPER PAY 3 IN 2008. SHOULD MY TLR NOT GO UP? HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS? PLEASE HELP.

2. I HAVE BEEN ON TLR2B SINCE THE YEAR 2006. I HAVE BEEN IN DIFFERENT ROLE IN SAME SCHOOL. AT THE MONENT INCHARGE OF ICT, MLE ,E-SAFETY ,A PHASE LEADER , MEMBER OF THE SLT AND A CLASS TEACHER.
    I MOVED TO UPPER PAY 3 IN 2008. SHOULD MY TLR NOT GO UP? HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS? PLEASE HELP.

3. First of all, please turn off your caps lock.
    In answer to your query, TLRs do not go up incrementally or on a progressive 'spine'. If your school staffing structure sets a TLR2b for the post you hold then that's what it will be. The value of individual TLR levels used to be raised in 'the good old days' ( I think) just like our pay used to.
    Unless the school changes its structure or promotes you to a higher post if one is available then 2b is where you will stay.

4. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

Please don't shout. If your role has changed, then it may be that your TLR should change too, but that depends on the structure of the school. The time to discuss it would be when you are asked to take on more responsibilities. I am not sure that your TLR responsibilities can be changed at the whim of the Head as (I think) the structure of TLRs should be agreed by the Governors. But I could be wrong.

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Quite so, Piranha, it would also require consultation with the staff.
    As to incremental points, under the old system there was no annual progression beyond M6, the only increases to responsibility points came through annual percentage increases (or not).