1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLR 2.1?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Middlemarch, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Schools can pay different rates if they like - you'll need to ask the school.

2. Ah right OK...but they still have to stick to the min/max for the TLR?

3. You could do with knowing if it's 2.1 or 1.2 since that make a massive difference! TLRs ae awarded on the school range subject to national maximum and minimums for the band 1 and band 2 TLRs. In my school the lowest TLR is called a 2c and is £2,400 ish. I know some schools where 2c is the top of the TLR 2 range. I would guess that a 1.2 would be somewhere in the middle of TLR1 band and a 2.1 somewhere near the top of the TLR2 band but only your school will be able to tell you. TLRs are usually comparable across depts so for example Heads of core subjects tend to get the same TLR as they manage a similar number of teachers whereas a Head of an option subject would maybe get less because they would manange fewer teachers.

4. I'm sure it was advertised at 1.2 but then I looked at the pay scales for TLR 1 and realised that it's something like £7000 minimum....so it made me think! It is a big school (split site with 500 children) and I'm coordinating a core subject...so maybe it is right?
    I'll have to call the schpol and ask because I'm trying to buy my 1st house and it's going to determne how much I can afford.
    Doodles

5. 500 children would not count as a big school. Many secondaries would be well over a 1000. If it's a primary school then I think it very highly unlikely you'd be getting anything vaguely close to 7000.

6. It is primary and I thought 7000 was a lot too. I'll be checking witht he school but I ex[rect it to be more like 2 or 3.