1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

TLC Needed.

Discussion in 'Heads of department' started by random_flower, Feb 24, 2017.

1. random_flower

random_flower New commenter

Completely self indulgent but I need a boost. For the first time in my teaching career I have not gotten a job the I have interviewed for. Coming from the midlands, we still have middle
    Schools and my lack of KS4 let me down. I know I could do the job and I genuinely believe that they have made the wrong decision. #grumpy #humph

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

But on the day that is what they decided. You failed to convince them otherwise. So next time you need to do this.

3. dunnocks

dunnocks Star commenter

wow! I generally have interviewed for around 6 x more jobs than I have actually had! Interviews are of interest in themselves, and you can learn a lot.

In the end, they liked someone else more, so you were probably not the best fit for that particular team, and may not have been happy there.

xx

4. Natalie_A89

Natalie_A89 New commenter

I always founds interviews are a good learning tool when the outcome is not what we wanted.
    Apologies for not getting the role. It may be worth giving them a call or sending an email requesting email. It could be something very small and not worth worrying too much about.

I hope this helps and good luck next time.