1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Title / keys words

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by ParlezVousFrancais01, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ParlezVousFrancais01

ParlezVousFrancais01 New commenter

Dear all,

I hope you are well.

I teach French & would like to know how to attract more people to my shop.

I have social accounts on Twitter / Facebook & when I post something there I always get 500 views more or less for the day. However, when I do not post anything I am around 100 views per day.

I am wondering if the choice of my titles is perhaps an issue / too specific. Would a kind soul please give me tips on how to best name resources ?

Here are a few examples of resources I have names :

French - GCSE - transports (reading - Sentence builders)
    French - GCSE - food nourriture (WHOLE UNIT : reading, speaking, translations, writing)

Best wishes

2. nwilkin

nwilkin Occasional commenter

I would think about the type of phrase teachers would type in and try to include it near the beginning. Keep it quite short 4-5 words and don't need to include extra punctuation. Instead of "French - GCSE - transports (reading - Sentence builders)" I would go for something like "Transport Sentence Builders French GCSE". I am not an MFL teacher so am sure you can come up with something better as you know the key words teachers in your subject are searching for, but it should give you an idea.

tesAuthorTeam likes this.