1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Titanic topic

Discussion in 'Primary' started by clatkiu1, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Hi all
    My next topic is about the titanic. I have quite a few ideas, and am really looking forward to teaching it in a cross curricular manner. Also think it's a great topic the kids can really get their teeth into.
    Only problem is, my ideas are dotted about all over the place and I need to bring them together. I just wondered if anyone had taught this topic before. What kind of things did you do? Any brilliant websites, resource books?
    I'm not asking anyone to do my planning for me before the sceptics start....!
    Just opening it up to see what's out there.
    Thanks

2. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

Hi there, I did this topic last year with Yr 6-I am happy to send you what I have if you send me your email address
    Moira

3. Hi Moria
    I am doing this with Y6 ext half term. Could I also ask for a copy of what you did?
    dizzy1st13@hotmail.com

Thanks

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I bet that will go down well ....

5. Brilliant :)

6. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

You both have mail!! ;-)
    Moira

7. Music tie-in - there's a highly-regarded musical by Maury Yeston about the Titanic. You could google NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Society) to see if any amateur groups in your area are doing it.

8. Hi all
    We've got a few Titanic resources for primary on TES Resources. Check them out by following the link below:
    Titanic resources

9. Hi,
    Have been allowed to buy the disk that goes with this, as I'm in a Cumbrian School, haven't had a great look at website, but disk is great.

10. tiffster

tiffster New commenter

I'm sure that this is already in some of the resources which others have offered; but the poem The Convergence Of The Twain (Thomas Hardy) has always gone down well with mine. I use the animated text available here http://www.easiteach.co.uk/visitors/articles/ETAnimatedBooks.htm and teach personifiation as part of the unit on powerful imagery.
    Great topic. Sure they'll love it.

11. Hi could I please get a copy too? Thank you

12. hi moira

any chance of a copy?
    please message me and ill give you my email